Sunday, February 15, 2009

If I somehow got amnesia...

Yesterday and today, I was reading this series of books and it was about how this one girl lost her memory of everything of her past. She tries to find out who she is, who her family is, and anything she can about her past.
And I thought, what would happen if I lost my memory? So I decided that I would have this post be a reminder of my past if I had suddenly and mysteriously had a bad case of amnesia: (I'm doing this as if I'm talking to myself, so don't get all weirded out because I'm saying "you")
First of all, your name is Anne Marie Petersen. You really like the color purple, and you fell in love with this color because you had some high top converse that are a deep, rich purple; and you really like both.
Your family are my mom and dad: Sharon and David, your brothers: Stephen, Adam, Daniel, Christopher. your sisters: Kathy and Sophie. Sophie is adopted from Russia. Before that, you would always feel like someone was missing, something should be there. You could never figure out what the empty feeling was when you counted your family members and found everyone was there.
When you were little, you were a shy one. You hated when your mom would make you call someone to find information, or walk up to a salesperson to ask how much something was. Although you're grateful she did now, because now you consider myself a little bit more outgoing. Some people may think of you as random and weird, and you think it's okay, although you bite your lip in embarrassment sometimes. You've been told you're pretty nice, and you try to be in every situation, and you worry that you had offended someone somehow.
You like to write, and wish to write a book in the future someday. One job that you've considered as a "when-I-grow-up-I-want-to-be" job is a children's psychologist. Or maybe something to do with music. Music is a definite way you express yourself. You've found at times, that when you're listening to your iPod, it plays songs that might have to do with the situation you're dealing with at the moment. It may help, but sometimes just freaks you out. You play the oboe, piano, a smudgeon of guitar, and you taught yourself to play the ukulele a tiny bit. Sight reading on the piano come easy to you, and most of the time you can just flip open to a page of music and play it.
You have a pretty good memory (But I guess not now anymore, if you're reading this because of amnesia...) You've practically memorized The Princess Bride and movie quotes are common in conversations, even if you've only seen the movie once. (By the way, Uninvited is a stupid movie. If it's supposed to be scary, they did a poor job; because I was laughing the whole time.)
You're favorite TV shows are The Office, Heroes, Burn Notice, Psych, and Dr. Who is ok too.
Foolishly, as a child you said to yourself that you wanted to know everything. I guess you're still in the process of doing that...

4 comments:

kathy w. said...

You're awesome, Anne. Did you know that Mom used to make me go talk to people at the store when I was younger, too? We're alike in a lot of ways...

Mike and Lauren said...

Anne I loved this post! It was awesome, and really fun to read about you. How did I not know that you play the oboe? You are so freaking adorable and awesome and I look up to you a lot. I read this to Jack and he thought it was pretty good too. I love you!

Ali said...

Anne, you're pretty much my favorite. I love you to stinking death!

Sarah West said...

Anne this awesome!!! I feel like I am you when I read this!