Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The feeling of accomplishment is sweet

A year ago or two ago I started a story that I thought was so amazing. While I thought it was so amazing, I set a New Year's resolution to finish it. I forgot the resolution, got tired of the story and gave up, shoving it in my drawer to be forgotten.
Since it being the new year and all, I saw my resolutions. I dug up my notebooks filled with the story and started writing again. I was determined to finish it, even if it was the worst story I'd ever written. I stayed up late, bugged my friends and family about it, I chose to write rather than do my homework, I even developed a little callouse on my finger. But I was determined to finish.
And I did! And I'm so happy, even though I know that the plot is kinda screwy and the characters are confusing.
I finished!!!

4 comments:

Mr. Christopher said...

I'm so proud of you. Finishing a story is the hardest thing to do.

I've only finished one or two stories in the past three years.

I'm excited to read it.

Good job.

kathy w. said...

Yay! Is this the story we talked about the other day? I want to read it.

S. said...

Anne congratulations on your story! I'm looking forward to others. you have a writers voice. Love ya!

Mike and Lauren said...

Anne!! Congrats on finishing your story! I'm proud of you that you followed through on it. You're amazing and I love you